Garlic Studded Rib Roast
8 ingredients, 10 minutes, Servings: 6-8
Image courtesy of BeefIt’sWhat’sForDinner.com
- 1 Swift Rib Roast, at room temperature
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 C heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 C red wine
- 1 C beef stock or broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Make small slits all over the beef and push garlic into the slits. Season all over with lots of salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy oven-proof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat and brown the meat on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Turn fat side up and roast 15 min at 450°F. After 15 minutes, remove the roast from the oven and lower the temperature to 275°F. Once the oven hits 275°F (which is around 10 minutes) place the roast back in the oven until a thermometer inserted in center of the meat registers 125°F. Remove the meat to a cutting board and cover with foil. Let sit 20 minutes.
- While beef is roasting, whip the cream until softly whipped. Stir in the horseradish and season with salt and pepper. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- While beef is resting, place skillet with drippings over high heat. Add the wine to the drippings in the pan and cook over high heat until reduced by half, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the broth and cook until slightly reduced. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Slice the meat and serve with the jus and horseradish cream.
Source: Recipe courtesy of BeefIt’sWhat’sForDinner.com